SETTING UP WINDOWS 10
Selecting the region
- When you first start your laptop, you will see the ‘Hello there’ language selection screen:
- Select your country options and time zone then click on Next.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 setup screens.
Connecting to the Internet
Connecting to your wireless router is part of the initial Windows setup wizard.
If you do not do this the first time you start up your laptop, you can do this by clicking on the wireless icon in the notification area on the taskbar:
1) Click the wireless icon in the notification area
2) Select the network you want to connect to
3) Tick the ‘Connect automatically’ checkbox
4) Click the ‘Connect’ button
5) Enter your network security key 6) Click on the ‘Next’ button
If the network flyout is not showing any available wireless networks, make sure that your router is switched on and broadcasting its WiFi connection.
Windows 10 Tips and Tricks
To master the basics of Windows 10, see what’s new, discover surprising and little-known tricks, and try things out with a press of a button, use the Windows 10 tips app. Just type Tips in the search box on the taskbar to find the app, or choose the Tips app in the Start menu.
Windows 10 Help
Microsoft have a comprehensive help site for Windows 10.
Windows 10 Tutorials
There are literally millions of help pages or video tutorials online. Spending a bit of time learning Windows tips and shortcuts will definitely save you time in the long-run.
Try searching for Getting started with Windows 10 or Windows 10 tutorials.
The following websites are also very good sources of support and advice:
CNET - Your Guide to Windows 10
Laptop Magazine - 100 tips & tutorials for Windows 10